Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009

Happy Easter! He is Risen! This is the most joyous day of the year for Christians. On Good Friday, our Savior Jesus, was crucified on Calvary. The Creator of the Universe was being murdered by his own creation. The price of sin was being paid by the only one who could pay it. The Sacrifice of the Lamb of God threw open the gates of Heaven and there is now no condemnation for those who trust in Jesus Christ's payment for their sin and ask for his forgiveness.

On Easter Sunday the tomb that contained the body of Jesus was found empty. He had risen from the dead and received a new body, like the ones we will receive in Heaven once we leave these weak earthly bodies.

When I'm at the beach, I look out at the ocean and contemplate the beauty of everything God creates. And to think that the God who made something as spectacular as the ocean and told it just where to begin, and where to end, loves me and even died for me, is just mind boggling. I don't know why, and I sure can't understand it, but I'm glad that it is. I might have shared this song last year, but I'd like to share it again. Here it is.

Because He Lives

God sent his Son,
They called him Jesus,
He came to love
heal and forgive
he lived and died
to buy my pardon,
an empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives

Because he lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because he lives, all fear is gone,
Because I know he holds the future,
And live is worth the living just because he lives.

How sweet to hold a new born baby
And feel the pride and joy he gives
But greater still
the calm assurance
This child can face uncertain days because he lives

Because he lives I can face tomorrow
Because he lives all fear is gone
Because I know he holds the future
And life is worth the living just because he lives

And then one day
I'll cross the river
And fight life's final war with pain
And then as death gives way to victory
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know he lives

Because he lives, I can face tomorrow
Because he lives, all fear is gone,
Because I know, he holds the future
And life is worth the living just because he lives.

This song says it all. Even though life is hard and I can get very depressed sometimes, I can still have joy in knowing that my God and my Savior is alive and though it has been over 2000 years since he said he'd be back, 1000 years is but a day to God and his timing is not our timing. It's what I was focusing on today. His understanding is not our understanding. It is so much better. I don't know about all of you, but I am real glad that there's someone in control and that it doesn't have to be me. Because if I was in control of my life, I would already have messed it up real bad.

I've met people who don't believe in God, but I've never met a person who doesn't want to. We were born to be discontent in this world and look to something higher than ourselves to trust in. The problem is that some people look to everything, but what they're supposed to look to. They look to jobs, money, power, drugs, alcohol, other people. Some of these are good and some are bad, but it is not good to trust in anything, but God. These things will pass away, but God never will and he will never change. That's a good thing by the way. There is always hope and Easter is proof of that.

Glory be to God the Father and the Son, and the Spirit. Great Jehovah three in one! Who will rejoice with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment